Wednesday, August 8, 2012

THIS AND THAT

Here is a better picture of the table runner that I posted about yesterday.  It's 44" x 16 1/2" which is longer than I usually make them.


I just finished hand quilting this doll quilt, which I will give to Abby sometime in the future.  She already has a doll quilt, but this one is made from leftover fabrics from a quilt I made for her Mommy & Daddy.

Recently, I started sewing leftover triangles together and decided to make pinwheels from them.  I plan to make a donation quilt with lots of pinwheels.

Here are some more in process.  Some of the pinwheels are smaller, so I plan to add white fabric around them to bring them up to 4" finished squares.  I don't know what I will use for the alternating blocks yet. I will find something in my stash, I'm sure.  It's kind of a challenge to make something from scraps.  I really like the way the pinwheels look - they are just randomly placed on my "design door" so it won't stay that way.

Happy quilting!

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad we get to see the entire runner. I like that the strips go the width of the runner instead of the usual length of it.
    Pinwheels are such happy blocks, in my opinion. Who doesn't smile at a pinwheel quilt? It is fun to create something out of the "scraps" from other projects. This looks like it will be a very fun quilt to brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your projects, that runner is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinwheels will make a pretty project! All your quilting is beautiful, but I especially like how how you quilted the striped sashings in the runner. Makes a nice contrast! Abby will love the doll quilt! So would I! *wink* ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole runner is so pretty! I love the striped sashing. And the little quilt for Abby is such a great idea. I'm sure she'll love it. As for those leftover triangles...I've got an abundance and need to get SOMETHING done with them before they take over my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pinwheel projects and the table runner is scrappy and great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinwheels, LOL! I started with pinwheels and I am discovering that there are alot more things you can do with HST's than JUST pinwheels. Love how that quilt is turning out! Arent' scrap projects fun?

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a closeup of the runner. It's really an exciting piece.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the runner. I like the more traditional fabrics and the kind of modern wonky strips.
    The pinwheels look great.
    Scrappy quilts are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed this post somehow!! I love the pinwheels!! What a great way to use leftover triangles!! I saw a quilt on a blog, where the quilter had taken small triangles and made hour glass blocks - so many good ideas - what am I to do? Maybe both!!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete