Friday, June 28, 2013

A DRESS FOR ABBY AND SOME PROGRESS

I made a dress for Abby this week with a pattern and fabric I had purchased before our trip.  The lace came from a garage sale.


I got a piece of eyelet from another garage sale and made another bolero jacket for the dress.


I finally finished the baskets for May.  I did finish all 12 of them, but they didn't all fit on this chair.  Now I need to get the June baskets prepped so I can work on them and maybe get some finished before we get home and the July baskets are waiting for me.


I made about 10 more of these Ohio star blocks out of mens' shirts and also bought more shirts at garage sales in preparation for Bonnie Hunter's workshop in September.  I needed more light colored ones for the contrast.  The Ohio star blocks will be for a donation quilt and I will try to get some more of those made.


DGD and I worked on the Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt again yesterday and almost finished the top minus the border.  One more row has to be put together before it can be joined.  Not sure yet what the border will be, but some fabric was pulled out for the backing.  I'll be taking it home with me to quilt.

Progress is being made!

9 comments:

  1. The dress is adorable! Sewing for little girls is so much fun. Love the basket blocks, they are all so cute. Wish I could find a good inexpensive source for men's shirts to use in quilt blocks. I love all of the plaids. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those baskets leave me in awe. I recently saw a post of someone's finished quilt made from these. Amazing!
    I like your Ohio Star block out of shirts. So fun to create from repurposed fabrics. Lucky you to be taking a Bonnie Hunter workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little dress is so cute! Everything is so pretty!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling little dress and boleros! And as usual, the baskets are so cute; can hardly wait to see ALL of them together! The Ohio star is really pretty too. You certainly are taking advantage of all the quilting time during your vacation! The best is yet to come, right? Sisters! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the Bricks & Stepping Stones end up being a charm quilt??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of beautiful projects. The dress is so cute. Love the jackets.
    Your baskets are beautiful as usual. The Ohio star looks good in the shirting fabric.
    I can't wait to see your DGD quilt done. I liked what I saw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet little dress, your granddaughter will look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruth, I'm just now catching up on your last few posts!! What fun you are having!! Love, love, love all the scenery photos!! And the house - ooo la, la!! Of course, I can never say enough about your sewing projects - so busy and creative you are!! Bravo!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet projects! And, I can't contact you via email either. Every address I try is rejected by your server, saying something like account suspended. :-(

    ReplyDelete