Sunday, June 9, 2013

OUR TRIP TO OREGON

I have a couple photos to share from our trip to Oregon where we are visiting our son and family.  

Photo of me beside large tree near Moab, UT

We camped at the County Fairgrounds in Burns, OR.  The full moon was shining and we were the only ones camping there.  When I went to the house of the manager to see if we could stay there, he opened the door in his long johns!
The next night we camped in Sisters, OR at this City park.  Maybe we'll camp there again for the quilt show in July!

I went to another quilt shop with the Quilting Babcia.  This one is going out of business and everything is on sale.   When my GD found out, she wanted to go too, so I went again the next day and bought more fabric, but didn't take a picture of all of it.  

I have been doing some piecing this week.  Below, I'm piecing 9-patches with the leftover blue fabric from my basket BOM.  I don't have my May baskets all appliqued yet, but they are pinned on and ready to go.  I think I finished 4 of the 12 and this week, I'll get the June fabric!  I also have been piecing some sawtooth stars that finish at 4".  I plan to make pillowcases for our bed with the stars in the border.


My GD turns 21 on Thursday and wants to spend her birthday sewing with me.  I have done some of the piecing on her Bricks & Stepping Stones quilt and she wants to have all the bricks out of different fabrics (she needs 180).  She has gone through all my fabrics that I have with me and also purchased a lot.  I told her I would quilt it when she finishes it.

Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. This brings back a lot of good memories. Many years ago we stayed in a cottage on the Metolious river, I could sit out on the little porch and watch hubby fly fish while was doing handiwork. no tv, no phones. One of our best vacations. To grocery shop I had to go into Sisters. In early 2000s, we went to the Sisters quilt show. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! it didn't surprise me one bit that someone from Burns answered their door in long johns! Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is SOME tree!!

    What a treat to sew with your granddaughter. Do you want me to contribute some Thimbleberries? If so, let me know what size and general colors.

    Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long johns...hahha. My grandpa wore those.
    I think it is so cool that your DGD wants to spend her Birthday sewing with you. I look forward to seeing her finished quilt. Sounds like she is hooked hu?
    Enjoy the family and the sticthing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! What fun, memorable events on your vacation!! How wonderful that you will get so to spend such time with your GD!!! Thanks for sharing with us and keeping us in the loop!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's quite the life - travelling and quilting. Retirement looks pretty good. Hope you GD enjoys her birthday sewing treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are having a great trip. I love the picture with the tree, Moab is such a pretty place. Enjoy your time with your all your grands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are having some adventures. : )
    That is very sweet that GD wants to spend her birthday sewing with you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the moon shot! what a gorgeous spot. Have fun!
    I've never been there but would love to visit one day.
    enjoy those grand kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wish I could do this, too! Enjoy, Ruth! You so deserve it!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great picture of you with the huge tree! It's beautiful! I'm sure you and the GD are having fun sewing together by now. Enjoy your time together! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a nice day to be able to spend the day sewing with your Granddaughter.How precious !!!!! Debbie Kelly
    http://somewhereinstitches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete