Wednesday, October 30, 2013

BLOGGERS' QUILT FESTIVAL - SCRAPPY

I have always been drawn to scrappy quilts, so years ago when I started following Bonnie Hunter, I thought her ideas were great.  I love going to garage sales and I started buying men's shirts to make quilts and I have made some donation quilts out of them.  The pile just wasn't going down though!

Then I heard that Bonnie Hunter was going to be speaking at the Quilters' Guild of Dallas and giving a workshop!  I wasn't a member, but I knew some members of my local guild who were and asked if I could ride with them to the next meeting.  I think it was in May that I went to the first meeting and joined the Dallas guild and signed up for Bonnie's workshop in September, because I wanted to be sure I could get in it.  This might be my last chance and I wanted to be sure I didn't miss out.

On September 7 I attended the workshop with 2 of my guild friends and had a wonderful day!  Below is a picture of Bonnie and me holding up a mystery quilt of Bonnie's that I made a few years ago.


Here is my finished "Virginia Bound" quilt.



Virginia Bound
I am entering this quilt in the scrappy category of the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  If you so desire, you can go there and vote for the quilt you like best, or even nominate one of the quilts to be the "Viewer's Choice."

13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, beautiful:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh--hi, kids!! I see two of my units in your close-up pictures. It's like seeing my children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's lots of pretty quilts in the contest, but none as beautiful as yours! You already know I LOVE IT! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilts! I love Bonnie, too, and all her scrappiness. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow its stunning, will definitely vote for you. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see this again, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great scrappy quilt for the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, I still love this one. It just glows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful scrap quilt! Bonnie has the est patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful string quilt! Love your use of value.

    ReplyDelete