Sunday, November 24, 2013

SOME PROJECTS AND A TRIP

Before leaving on a trip to Florida for Thanksgiving, I was working on a few projects for Christmas.  I'm putting them on this blog because I'm pretty sure these people do NOT read my blog.

The first one is going to be a table runner for one of my DILs.  The picture to the right of the cut out fabric is from one of Jo Morton's books and I'm just making one of the blocks which will be in the middle of the table runner .  On each side, she wants me to make a design that copies one of Frank Lloyd Wright's window (she majored in architecture in college). I'm not sure how I will do that yet, but I'll try it.


Next, are three things I made for Abby's dolls:

Nightgown for Gracie

Red hooded cape for Gracie

Sling to carry dolls on her hip.
My sister came to Pensacola on her way to visit my cousin in southern Florida and yesterday we went to see the Pensacola light house.


In the museum, I found some quilts in one of the bedrooms.




We both actually climbed to the top of the lighthouse!!!  I didn't think I would do it, but we got started and there were places we could stop to catch our breath, so before we knew it we had climbed up all 177 of the steps!!  And were very proud of ourselves!


I hope you have a good weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Love that pattern! Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you do with the table runner. My mom is a HUGE fan of Frank Lloyd Wright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table runner project looks pretty, I look forward to seeing how you work out the rest.
    I never could have done 177 steps. Just the twisty stairway scares me out of trying. Glad you got to see your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the beginnings of your DIL's runner!
    Cute little dolly things you made!
    Good for you, climbing all those stairs. I bet the view was worth it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beginning of the table runner is very pretty, can't wait to see what it looks like with the Frank Lloyd Wright touch. I am a fan of his designs, too. The doll clothes are so cute, your GD will love them. Congratulations of the climb up the light house. I might make myself climb up to see the view, but I would not be happy about it in the process. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what sweet dolly clothes. I still have doll clothes that my mother and my grandmother made for me over 40 years ago.
    Love the whig rose pattern and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful gifts that you have made!! soooo cute!!

    Wonderful quilts!! I'm impressed that you made it to the top!!! I bet the view was fabulous!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I missed you, next time. Climbing the lighthouse is something I want to do, good job!

    ReplyDelete