Tuesday, February 25, 2014

MORE BASKETS!! I THOUGHT I WAS DONE…..

I planned to get my basket quilt put together yesterday, so I cleared off the bed in the guest bedroom AKA quilting overflow room.  All the blocks just barely fit on the double bed (I don't have a design wall, just a "design door" and another small piece of wall space).  Uh Oh!  something is wrong here.  There doesn't seem to be enough baskets!  I must be placing them wrong.  I decided it was a good idea to look at the pattern and it was as I thought it should be.  I counted the baskets in the picture - 128!!  Oh no!!  I "only" made 120!  I thought I was finished when the medallion fabric came.  120 seemed like a good number!

This morning I bit the bullet and prepped 8 more blocks.  It didn't kill me and they are ready to appliqué down.


Another chore that I seem to put off is labeling quilts.  I have to get a couple labeled - one for a quilt show and one to give away - so I got out my iron-on label books and since I was doing it anyway, I looked around the house to see if  there were other quilts needing labels.  Big surprise!  I found 5 more needing labels, so I picked out some labels and ironed them onto muslin.


I will use my special pens to trace the lines and write the information needed on them.

These are the label books I use.


Happy quilting!

10 comments:

  1. You are a strong woman to forge ahead and get those 8 baskets ready right away! : )
    I have been pretty good about labeling the past few years, but just a square folded to a triangle and stitched in with the binding. Nothing fancy, but at least it gets done! Your labels are much cuter!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was so hoping to see the blocks laid out on the bed...lol Please show after you finish you last 8 blocks. Good job with the labels. I need to take a day and make some. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baskets are wonderful. Heck you made 120...what's 8 more?!
    What kind of pens do you use for your labels?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, I'm resisting making the label for my latest quilt even though I know better. Labels are so important because I'm realizing more and more I'm not going to remember details like I used to. Hope you get your last basket blocks appliqued soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of baskets. I can see how a few slipped past you. I'm looking forward to seeing them all together. I need to start labeling my quilts more consistently. Most are label-free at the moment, though I did get one put on the last finish. Yours are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll have those last blocks finished by Friday at the latest. I need to make about 5 labels for some Christmas wall hangings too. Actually, I just need to get back to quilting! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Lori said, what's 8 more when you've already made 120, right? But I hate it when I do that to myself! And good for you labelling all those quilts. Having labels pre-made (-ish) makes it so much easier. I've found panels of them already printed and purchased those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer on the 8 baskets...I hate when I think I am done.....
    I am sooo bad at putting labelson my quilts. I really need to use up the panel of labels I bought. It might take me forever to catch up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the same thing with one of my quilts recently--thought I was done and still have 5 blocks left to do! LOVE your pretty little baskets.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank goodness it is only 8 more. I just finished making 120 churn dash blocks for my latest quilt and it seemed like I was never going to finish. I still may need more if I need a better mix of colors. But, you are so close and I love those little baskets, they are so cute. I'm sure the quilt will be stunning. I need to go back and make some labels, I just put that part off. Your labels are so cute, good for you for getting them done.

    ReplyDelete