Wednesday, April 16, 2014

DOLL QUILT EXCHANGE

When Lori at Humble Quilts announced she was having a doll quilt exchange about a month ago, I decided to join it - on the spur of the moment.  I already had some blocks made, so the doll quilt I will be sending was easy to complete.  I'm not showing you that one yet because I want the recipient to receive it first.

However, I received my doll quilt from Laurie (a different Laurie) on Monday and couldn't be happier with it!  She even hand quilted it!  Check out those tiny HSTs!


It has a medallion in the middle!  See how she fussy cut the brown hexes?


Here is my doll bed with it's old quilt on it.  I really was getting tired of it - it was the first doll quilt I made, after all.


Here's how it looks with the new doll quilt!  Much better, don't you think?  Thank you so much, Laurie!


Here's a better view of it.



A couple more Dear Jane Blocks:

B-2
Uh Oh!  look at the lower left corner!  I will have to fix that.

B-4
These were both relatively easy blocks, so you would think I would be able to do it correctly the first time!

Happy stitching!

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely little quilt and your doll bed is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is precious!! Love your DJ blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new doll quilt is detailed and colorful and the workmanship is extraordinary. Lucky you! Looks like it's a perfect addition to your little doll bed.
    Very nice DJ blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new doll quilt is wonderful, so much work went into it! It looks so nice on the doll bed. The one I made is with my swap partner and I have received my quilt, too. I just need to write a post about it on my blog.

    Love your little DJ blocks, you are making wonderful progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet dolly quilt and looks great on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very nice little quilt. She did a great job! Can't wait to see what you sent.
    Congrats on continued progress with your DJ blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little doll quilt. I can't wait to see what you sent - I bet it's equally great! And the Dear Jane blocks are looking good. Maybe leave that mistake just because?

    ReplyDelete
  8. All you gals who sew those tiny little pieces into blocks and then into little quilts just amaze me! The quilts and your DJ blocks all are great. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little doll quilt is a beauty. Especially love the fussy cut hexies.
    Your DJ blocks look great. Would not have noticed any "mistake" if you hadn't pointed it out.
    You are really making great progress on your DJ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruth, i love the doll quilt Laurie made for you, it's adorable and perfect on your doll bed!
    I made a doll quilt for Laurie and she received it yesterday, i can't believe it got to the States within a week of mailing it in Aust, that's super fast!!
    I can't wait for my doll quilt to arrive... this has been such a fun swap :)) cheers... Marian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new doll quilt looks so sweet on your dolly bed. And the DJ blocks also look good. Don't think I'd change that second block, the "mistake" adds to the charm of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. felicidades !!!!
    es precioso
    saludos

    ReplyDelete