Tuesday, April 22, 2014

DOLL QUILT SENT FOR EXCHANGE

This is the doll quilt that I made for the Doll Quilt Exchange that Lori of Humble Quilts organized.  I already had made the 9-patches out of fabric from my basket quilt and picked out a really cute red and white shirting for the alternating blocks.  I mailed it to Debra and today I received a very sweet thank you note from her that she had received it.



When I was trying to decide what to put on the back, I happened to see this FQ of toile fabric and luckily it fit!  It was the perfect fabric for the backing!  I hope I'm not the only one who machine quilted their quilt.  I've kind of given up on hand quilting lately - bad me.  I've done my share of it, but don't really enjoy it very much.


Again, here is a picture of the wonderful quilt I received from Laurie:


You can read more about it in this blog post.  Thanks, Lori for organizing this exchange!  This is the first exchange I have participated in for something that it a finished item!  It was fun and easy!

12 comments:

  1. I love the little 9-patches on point! The backing is perfect; and you didn't have to cut into the scene! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. great exchange! Love the nine-Patch and Lori's too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little quilt is adorable and as always, I love your fabric choices! I don't think it matters if the quilts are hand or machine quilted. The quilt I received was a little of both. This was a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty little 9-patch you made. Looks like you had a great swap experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little doll quilt! Great color choices. I really like the one you received too. I have been seeing other quilts from this exchange on some blogs,I think everyone did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little quilt is very sweet, and I don't think it matters whether it was machine or hand quilted. If you don't enjoy the hand quilting, then what is the point? Your hobby shouldn't become a chore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little quilt is adorable and I love the toile!!
    And I've seen lots of machine quilting- no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilt you sent! the little red shirting is so cute and looks so great with the blues. The back...love it.
    Of course the quilt you recieved is a beauty.
    I don't think machine quilting is a negative, it looks great. Everyone isn't able to quilt by hand and that is ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Felicidades!!son muy bonitas las dos
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Felicidades!!!!
    las das son muy bonitas
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the little doll quilt that you made. I want to copy it and make one for my doll. Do you mind?

    ReplyDelete