Wednesday, August 31, 2016

ROUND ROBIN QUILT FINISHED!

I love how this round robin turned out! It's my first one and I was very pleasantly surprised when I got it back in May.  Quilting and binding didn't take too long and I wanted to get it finished for the first meeting of our guild coming up in September.  


Yesterday, we went to a park close to our town for a picnic and I took this quilt and the quilt in the header so I could get pictures of them in the park.  I love the background of green in the photo.

My oldest grandson leaves for college next week and since he worked at a camp all summer, he was only around here for a couple weeks.  Other than our 50th anniversary weekend in 2012, he had never met his cousins before.  So the picnic was a good chance for him to spend a little more time with Abby, age 7, before leaving.  With a 13 year difference in ages, they don't have much in common other than family, but they had a nice time exploring the creek running through the park.

Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilts in a beautiful setting. The quilt in your header is so warm and cozy looking, and appeared right at home on that branch. Then I saw the butterfly quilt and it is very soft and soothing looking. Two winners, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That round robin turned out great! I love the color blending in all the borders and how well they compliment your central block. So nice when the cousins can get together and get to know each other better. It's so difficult these days to maintain family ties among the more distant relatives, and I think they begin to lose appreciation for their heritage without the occasional reunions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilts are gorgeous, and the setting (or hanging?) is awesome!
    My brother was 13 years older than I also, so I understand what you are saying. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both the two new quilts. So beautiful and the setting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on your finish! the Fans look fan-tastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! So nice to spend time with family!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilts look beautiful in a garden setting. I try and take my quilts outside when the weather is good. Your RR is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The RR quilt is gorgeous, such a pretty butterfly and the colors are perfect! The fall quilt is wonderful, too. It is amazing what we can do with little bits of fabric and a good imagination! The park setting is just right for the background of the photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is gorgeous! Nice work to the group!! I love the fan quilting too.
    Yay! For family time!

    ReplyDelete