Saturday, September 10, 2016

HSTs ETC.

I've been making HSTs day in and day out lately and just finished 40 broken dishes blocks measuring 4 1/2" unfinished.  


Now I will start on 40 more in a different red fabric.

design wall with almost 40 broken dish  blocks underneath my DJ triangles & 1st row.
 In the mean time, I decided to make a couple baby quilts to donate at my quilt guild meeting on Monday.  When I went to a quilt show last month I bought a grab bag for $1.00 and in it was a collection of 6" charm squares.  I put them together into 2 baby quilt tops with borders.


The backings were either free or purchased at a garage sale.


Speaking of garage sales, as many of you know, I love to go to them to see what bargains I can find.  Here's one bargain I found recently - over 2 yards of Timeless Treasures "Paris" fabric for $3.00!  I wonder what I will do with this?


I have an idea, so be sure to come back to see if I get something made soon.

9 comments:

  1. Oh me! More little blocks! Patience personified! The baby quilts are so cute. I'm sure you'll come up witha plan for the Paris fabric. Have fun! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you doing with all of those broken dishes blocks?
    Nice, quick baby quilts. I need to do some of those!
    Maybe you need to go to Paris so that fabric can pretend to be a souvenir. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh lala! Gorgeous find! Great little baby quilts for your guild too. Do they go toward the hospital's layette project or another group?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you struck it rich in fabric. Woohoo. Cute baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ruth
    Your half square triangles look great, they are fun to make aren't they. I love the quilt in your header photo. Its beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What delightful blocks and baby quilts! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your DJ blocks look great and so do your HST.
    great fabric find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The HST's look great, pretty fabric! I love making HST's and they can be used so many ways. I'm anxious to see what you are going to do with them. The baby quilts are so cute. I like the bright happy colors and the fun backing, too. The Paris fabric is very pretty and what a great find! I'll be watching to see what you will make.

    ReplyDelete