Sunday, October 16, 2016

WHAT I WORKED ON LAST WEEK

I just realized that it's been a while since I posted on my blog!  I have been spending less time browsing as well because I have been keeping pretty busy on quilting projects.

This block is the September BOM from Barbara Brackman's Civil War blog.  I haven't done the August one yet.  Both of these have Y-seams, which are not my favorite.  I tried to make mine more like the one Becky Brown made (see Barbara's post).  Also, my friend/neighbor and I have signed up for a craft show in November and I'm working on some projects for that.


In case you didn't know, I love going to garage sales and thrift stores.  I look for fabric and projects that I can use and/or sell from my Etsy shop.

The quilt show that I went to in Salem, OR had a sale section of fabrics, panels, etc. that members of the group donated.  There were some great deals!  Below is a small panel of a dalmatian dog along with some pieces of fabrics to finish it.  I put some of them together, but now I'm thinking of making it into a small quilt.  The top and bottom border pieces aren't sewn on yet and I don't have any more of that fabric.  Right now it measures about 22" x 29".  I was thinking about making a wall hanging, but if I make it into a baby or child's quilt I would need to enlarge it.  Any suggestions?



This Santa place mat/table topper or Santa's cookie and milk mat, was also found at the quilt show.  It was layered and partially quilted.  I just added some more quilting and finished it.


I found this rabbit at a thrift shop and she needed a dress.  The package included a pattern for a dress and I had this fabric on hand.  I made the apron out of a vintage napkin.


I love the old crocheted corner on the napkin.


This table runner was purchased at an estate sale and it was all layered but not quilted yet.  I decided to finish it off and hope to sell it at the craft show.  It looks like a mardi gras design.




This is some of what I have been doing.  The weather has turned rainy, so it was a good time to spend inside sewing.

4 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty block, and it looks a little difficult to me. For the doggy piece, what about enlarging it with red bandana fabric? Some little boy would love that! The bunny, dress, and apron are cute. Hope your weather has not been too bad. Stay safe! It's going to be in the 90's til mid-week! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job on the Y seams! Love the dimensional look of this block.
    The Dalmatian quilt is very cute. If I were to try and enlarge it for a baby quilt I might try to use solid black as a border in a similar width to the inner black border, and look for a matching red with small white polka dots for a wider border after that. If it still needed a couple more inches I might finish with another round of black and black (or possibly green) binding. I thought about piecing some kind of border, but to this point the prints are pretty busy, and adding more busyness might be too much. I'd want to keep the focus on that cute pup in the center as much as possible. But I'm sure whatever you do it will be cute and cuddly. : )
    You have found some fun projects to finish. Must be a satisfying feeling.
    Especially love the bunny's apron. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun funds! I'm not sure what to do with the panel to make it bigger. Would a pieced border in black and red work?
    I adore your block! Even if it is made with Y seams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabrics in the Civil War block play together so well. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete